|News par thème|
|Café, thé, eau, jus de fruit|
|Lundi 28 Mai 2012||13:06|
• More than 882 exhibitors from 35 countries and an estimated 13,000 visitors, make this the biggest wine business window and platform in Asia.
(drinks media wire) - In line with its strategy of growth in the region, Viña Concha y Toro (VCT) will have a stand in a privileged position in the Vinexpo Asia 2012 wine fair (CD16, Level 1, Hall 1) with a stand that replicates the estate house of the founder of the winery, Melchor Concha y Toro.
Arches surrounding the curved windows, bevelled glass and French and Italian-influenced moldings form part of this architectural design that mixes modernity with tradition and which in its two rooms and modern bar generate the intimate space necessary for the winery to attend its customers and the specialized press who will visit the fair during those days.
EXPERT SEMINAR ON CHILEAN RED WINE
The greatest expectation is on the seminar organized by Concha y Toro “China experts uncover Chile’ finest reds”, which brings together the most recognized critics in Asia in the Marriott Hotel Wanchai on May 29.
Before an estimated audience of 100 people, the panel of experts will debate the characteristics that distinguish the premium wines of Chile, especially the wine portfolio of Concha y Toro.
It will also analyze the similarities and differences of the climatic conditions and the production process of Chilean wine and other emblematic regions in wine production, like Bordeaux.
The iconic wines of Concha y Toro are wines with class, character and complexity, which transmit the unique character of the place of origin and show the unique elegance of a great wine.
Year after year, they have received the highest recognitions from international specialist critics and have positioned Concha y Toro and Chile as a producer of world-class wines.
The moderator of the event will be Ch’ng Poh Tiong, a wine writer of great reputation in Asia, and the panelists include Ned Goodwin, Fongyee Walker, Edwin Chan, Demei LI, Ian Ford, Isabel Guilisasti, marketing manager of VCT, and Andrés Ballesteros, managing director, VCT Asia.
CONCHA Y TORO ACTIVITIES & NEWS FOR VINEXPO
- Over the three days of the fair, Concha y Toro will offer tastings at its stand directed to its “Iconic collection”, which includes its wines Don Melchor, Carmín de Peumo and Gravas del Maipo.
- The new 2008 vintage of Don Melchor will be the main novelty at the stand.
- The new Amelia 2010 vintage will also be launched, elected last year as the best Chardonnay in the world at the - Moscow tastings directed by Steven Spurrier, and a selection of wines scoring over 90 points, like Terrunyo and Marques de Casa Concha, whose origins represent the coastal vineyards and are great exponents of the new valleys discovered recently that maximize the potential of these varieties.
- Casillero del Diablo will be offering constant tastings with a selection of the varieties of the complete line, also presented in their new packaging, the recently launched Late Harvest and the Pinot Grigio variety.
- Another novelty will be the new Casillero del Diablo-Manchester United spot, starring key players from the team and underlining the partnership between both brands, of high impact on that continent.
“Concha y Toro, through the VCT Asia regional office in Singapore, has promoted the growth in the region where we are today leaders in the 25 markets we attend. The opening of an own commercial platform has enabled us to advance in these markets which show great dynamism.
“We have focused our efforts in developing the premium portfolio in the area, reinforcing the different channels, the distribution and logistics, and implementing focused marketing strategies.
“Our important presence in this version of Vinexpo Asia will further drive our commercial strategy, enabling us to show the best of our wines in a unique setting, generating new and attractive business,” said Cristián López, corporate manager Asia.
CONCHA Y TORO AND THE ASIAN MARKET
- Viña Concha y Toro is making its best efforts for Vinexpo 2012 as it is a region where the winery expects to expand its sales in key markets offering an attractive potential due to their demography and growing wine consumption.
Efforts have been focused on restaurants and hotels to support the building of the brand, together with the exploration of opportunities in mass distribution channels like supermarkets.
- Growth possibilities have expanded gradually with the reduction in duties and proliferation of free-trade agreements with the region which, added to a greater wine-drinking culture and an increase in purchasing power and interest in luxury brands, has achieved a greater penetration and competitiveness for wineries like Concha y Toro, an opportunity that has been capitalized by the VCT Asia marketing team that leads the commercial operation from the office in Singapore.
- Since the formation of the Asia Zone and its regional office in January 2010, a growth of 28% was achieved in the first year and 18% last year, and it is expected to continue with these attractive growth rates in the coming years.
Viña Concha y Toro exported 1.4 million 9-liter cases in 2011 to the Asia region, the principal markets being China, Korea and Japan.
|Nom: Isabel Alvarez B.|
|E-mail : email@example.com|
|Web : http://www.conchaytoro.com|
|Société : Concha y Toro|
|Adresse : -|
|Pays : CHILE|
|Téléphone : (+56-2) 4765133|