|News by industry|
|Coffee, tea, soft drink, water|
|Wednesday, July 18, 2012||12:16|
Johannesburg, 17th July 2012 (drinks media wire): The South African Breweries (SAB) today announced the names of the judges for the "SAB Environmental Media & Environmentalist of the Year Awards 2012."
Robyn Chalmers, Head of Corporate Communications at SAB, said that between them, the judges on the panel have a wide range of experience and expertise. "We are fortunate to have them all on board."
The responsibility of Convenor for the SAB Environmental Media & Environmentalist of the Year Awards 2012 falls again to world-renowned conservationist, Dr Ian Player.
"It was thanks to Dr Player that these Awards were started and he remains a very active Environmentalist. We are honoured that he has agreed to be part of this year's proceedings," says Chalmers.
The SAB Environmental Media & Environmentalist of the Year Awards 2012 Judging Panel is:
- Dr Ian Player (Environmentalist)
- Michelle Garforth-Venter (Eco-journalist)
- Jeunesse Parks (Founder of Food and Trees for Africa)
- Derek Watts (Investigative Commentator and Reporter)
PRINT and NEW MEDIA:
- James Clarke (Co-founder of Endangered Wildlife Trust)
- Monica Graaff (Environmental Journalist)
- Mbaweni Manqele (Environmental Educator)
- Peter Sullivan (Former Editor and Chairman of Birdlife South Africa)
- Darryl Hammond (Sunday Times Picture Editor)
- Steve Lawrence (The Star Picture Editor)
- Lisa Skinner (Freelance Photojournalist)
Notes to Editors
Entries for the SAB Environmental Media & Environmentalist of the Year open at 8am on 1st August 2012 and close at 5pm on Friday 24th August 2012.
Winners will be announced at an Awards Function on Wednesday, 17th October 2012.
For more information, please visit: www.SABenviromedia.co.za
Follow @SAB_Limited #SABenviromedia on twitter or like facebook.com/SouthAfricaBreweries on facebook for regular updates.
Issued on behalf of:
Public Relations Specialist
The South African Breweries Limited
Tel: +27 11 881 8414
Fax: +27 86 681 4715
Mobile: +27 82 924 1667
Dark Horse Communications
Tel: +27 11 027 8770
Mobile: +27 82 784 6645
|Company: SABMiller plc|
|Address: Church Street West Woking - Surrey GU21 6HS|
|Country: UNITED KINGDOM|
|Phone: +44 1483 264000|