|News by industry|
|Coffee, tea, soft drink, water|
|Tuesday, July 28, 2009||15:00|
(Drinks Media Wire). The Food and Drink Federation (FDF) today unveiled the final shortlist for its annual Community Partnership Awards.
The companies shortlisted for the 2009 Awards are:
AF Blakemore and Son, Alara Wholefoods, ASDA Stores, Coca-Cola Enterprises, General Mills UK, Jordans & Ryvita Company, Kellogg’s, Kingsmill Northern Region Bakery, Kraft Foods UK & Ireland, Mars Chocolate UK, McDonald’s Restaurants, The Midcounties Co-operative Society, Müller Dairy, Nestlé UK, Norseland (Ilchester Cheese Company), Pinneys of Scotland (The Seafood Company), Premier Foods, Taylors of Harrogate, and Unilever UK.
Commenting on the judging of the Awards, FDF’s Director of Communications, Julian Hunt, said:
“We received a fantastic number of entries this year and our judges were extremely impressed by the range of inspiring initiatives being carried out by companies across the food and drink chain. It’s great to see so many companies committed to engaging with their local communities, helping to improve the health and wellbeing of their employees, making a difference to the environment, and encouraging young people to learn about our industry and to keep fit and healthy.”
The companies have been shortlisted for the following categories:
1. Culture, Media and Sport: this category recognises initiatives in culture, media and sport undertaken with communities across the UK
2. Education: this Award acknowledges local and/or national education specific initiatives
3. Environment: this category highlights the leadership being shown by the food and drink sector in reducing its environmental impact
4. Local Community: this Award pays tribute to a company’s ongoing commitments to its immediate community
5. Workplace Community: rewarding projects and initiatives that specifically benefit the company’s employees – including projects that promote healthy living and lifestyles in the workplace
The winners will be announced at a prestigious luncheon at the Institute of Directors, London on Thursday 15 October 2009.
For more information, please contact Keren McCarron, Sarah Lovell or Rebecca Wilhelm on 020 7420 7132/31/40.
Notes to Editors:
1. The two judging panels were chaired by Lorraine Hendle, Publishing Director of The Grocer and Professor Robert Pickard of Which?. The panels comprised Gillian Barker, Director General of Caravan; Christine Hancock, Director, Oxford Health Alliance; Earl Howe; Andrew Kuyk CBE, Director of Sustainability & Competitiveness at the Food and Drink Federation; Melanie Leech, Director General of the Food and Drink Federation; Rick Pendrous, Editor of Food Manufacture; and Robert Tate, Account Manager and Membership Director of BITC London.
2. Visit the FDF website at www.fdf.org.uk/cpa for further information about the Awards.
3. For information about previous years’ winners, visit http://www.fdf.org.uk/casestudies.aspx.
FDF is the voice of the food and drink industry – the UK’s largest manufacturing sector. For more information about FDF and the industry we represent visit: www.fdf.org.uk.
|Name: Nicki Hunt|
|Company: Food and Drink Federation (FDF)|
|Address: 6 Catherine Street - WC2B 5JJ London|
|Country: UNITED KINGDOM|
|Phone: +44 (0)20 7420 7132|
|Fax: +44 (0)20 7836 0580|