|News par thème|
|Café, thé, eau, jus de fruit|
|Jeudi 07 Juillet 2011||16:21|
(Drinks Media Wire). The Food and Drink Federation (FDF)1 is calling on UK food and drink manufacturers to submit examples of excellence in food manufacturing to ‘Made By Britain’2 – an initiative launched by Business Secretary Vince Cable on 6 July, designed to showcase British design, innovation and manufacturing expertise.
The project is a collaboration between the Associate Parliamentary Manufacturing Group3, of which FDF is an associate member, and the Royal Commission. All 650 MPs have been asked to nominate a product4 that is manufactured in their constituency, the objective being to draw up a diverse and comprehensive picture of contemporary British industry.
So far four iconic British food products have been nominated5 including: United Biscuits Custard Creams, Youngs Fish Fingers, McCain Smiles and Laddies Ice Cream.
FDF Director of Communications, Terry Jones said: “This initiative will bring to life the rich patchwork of manufacturing that we have in Britain. We are delighted that 10% of the initial submissions were food products, symbolising the affinity that MPs feel for our products and the companies manufacturing in their constituency. With the geographic spread of our food and drink manufacturing industry there is the opportunity to lead the way and profile some of our most iconic products in this initiative. We are calling on all food and drink manufacturers, of all sizes across the UK, to contact their MP and ask them to submit their tasty and innovative products.”
John Stevenson MP, Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Food and Drink Manufacturing Group6, who has nominated the classic custard cream which is manufactured in his constituency of Carlisle said: “This initiative sets all of the UK’s MPs the task of choosing a product from their constituency to show their support for UK manufacturing. Many MPs have already seized the challenge but I am calling for more MPs to nominate their favourite locally produced item so we can display a modern Great Exhibition in time for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee next year and ultimately create closer local MP-manufacturer relationships.”
For more information, please contact Nicki Hunt, Sarah Jenkinson or Rebecca Wilhelm on 020 7420 7132/31/40.
Note to Editors:
1. The Food and Drink Federation (FDF) is the voice of the food and drink manufacturing industry – the UK's largest manufacturing sector. For more information about FDF and the industry we represent visit: www.fdf.org.uk
2. For more information about the Made By Britain campaign and the other nominations please visit the APMG website: http://www.policyconnect.org.uk/apmg/
3. The Associate Parliamentary Manufacturing Group (APMG) exists to encourage the exchange of knowledge and understanding between Parliament and the manufacturing industries, helping to raise the profile of manufacturing both inside and outside of Parliament. For more information about associate members, including FDF and parliamentarians that are members of the APMG please visit http://www.policyconnect.org.uk/apmg/
4. If you are an MP and would like to nominate a product from your constituency, please download and complete the template and email it to: email@example.com.
5. If you are a food and drink manufacturer and would like your product to be nominated, please contact your local MP using this template
6. The primary functions of the All-Party Parliamentary Food and Drink Manufacturing Group are to consider the issues of concern to the food and drink manufacturing industry and to raise awareness of these matters in Parliament, to promote the interests of the industry ensuring parliamentarians remain informed of key issues, and to provide a forum for debate and dialogue about issues related to food and drink manufacturing. The Food and Drink Federation provides secretariat support for the APPG. For more information please visit: http://www.appgfooddrink.org.uk/appg/home.aspx.
|Nom: Nicki Hunt|
|E-mail : Nicki.Hunt@fdf.org.uk|
|Web : http://www.fdf.org.uk|
|Société : Food and Drink Federation (FDF)|
|Adresse : 6 Catherine Street - WC2B 5JJ London|
|Pays : UNITED KINGDOM|
|Téléphone : +44 (0)20 7420 7132|
|Fax : +44 (0)20 7836 0580|